Diabetes : Our body uses glucose to convert and store energy form. To do so, the pancreas releases insulin hormone. If the body does not get enough or no Insulin, a high blood glucose level causes Diabetes mellitus aka Diabetes. It is a chronic condition. Therefore, sometimes people do not recognize it. Let’s know more about diabetes, its diagnosis, prevention, and treatment from the following points.
Prevalently Three types of Diabetes are found in the world:
Type 2 diabetes: It is the most occurring diabetes in the world. It happens when blood glucose level continuously remains high for a long period of time. In this case, pancreatic B cells also get damaged, and hence insulin production decreases in a huge amount.
Type 1 diabetes: (Juvenile diabetes) In this condition, insulin does not produce in the body. Patients have to take insulin regularly before having a meal. So, it is insulin-dependent .
Gestational diabetes: It occurs during pregnancy because of hungriness. After the birth of the baby, Gestational disappears often. In few conditions, mothers have to take insulin and follow a particular diet.
Causes behind that:
Many reasons have been studied and found for Diabetes. Major causes are:
1. Being Overweight is a major concern for occurring Diabetes. Obese people have high chances of having high blood sugar levels regularly.
2. The Lazy lifestyle does not help in maintaining the sugar level.
3. If you have a Family history of Diabetes, then you have a risk of getting it.
4. As our Age increases, the body cells gradually lose health. So, we have to be careful in taking diets.
5. In Autoimmune condition, the patients’ immune system kills their own pancreatic B cells as foreign invaders.
How to Diagnose Diabetes?
Sugar is diagnosed through testing blood sugar levels. Doctors also consider symptoms to confirm diabetes in the patient.
1. If the fasting blood sugar reaches more than 125 mg/dL.
2. If oral glucose tolerance test exceeds more than 200 mg/dL.
3. Two Random tastings find blood sugar levels more than 200 mg/dL.
4. If tested sugar level is more than 6.5% in the A1c test.
What are the Symptoms of Diabetes mellitus?
If you find any or some of the following symptoms:
1. If you are urinating frequently.
2. Desiring to eat more but still feel hungry.
3. Increased thirst
4. Feeling tiredness constantly
5. If your weight is falling faster.
6. Losing eyesight
7. If wounds are not healing at a normal rate.
Prevent Yourself from Sugar
If you have chances of being Diabetic aka prediabetes, you should monitor your blood glucose level regularly. And, set your daily glucose uptake accordingly. Do exercises and be active to digest completely what you eat sugars from carbohydrates (glucose, fructose, starch). Do not take stress; try to reduce your stress. Because, if your body is pressured mentally, the body performs negative actions. Treatments Presently, monitoring blood glucose level, regular exercise, a balanced diet are the main methods to prevent complications of Sugar. There is no permanent cure. You have to manage your lifestyle to maintain the blood glucose level. Many ayurvedic herbs are useful to control Sugar conditions. Giloy juice made of its stem and leaves or Giloy Extract is able to burn the extra glucose in the blood. Also, it can boost insulin production in the body. Tulsi is also helpful as it decreases blood sugar levels.